Deadline for application is January 20, 2011.
Link for application here.
- In the absence of supervisory level Security Protective Specialists or Special Agents, may serve as Detail Leader for contractor staffed protective security details;
- provides physical protection for Department officials and employees at overseas locations, primarily at high threat posts;
- drives the lead vehicle, a principal’s vehicle or follow-vehicle as required in motorcade or similar operations;
- provides body protection as part of protective formations during principal’s walking movements;
- provides static coverage at principal’s residence, in a Command Post or other location as required;
- reviews and assesses information relevant to the assigned protective operation to anticipate problems or incidents;
- responds to emergency situations in accordance with established Bureau of Diplomatic Security protective security policies, standards, and procedures;
- serves as a member of advance teams that plan and coordinate protective operations;
- conducts site surveys to assess factors affecting the protective environment of sites to be visited;
- carries and operates weapons and other specialized equipment required in the conduct of protective operations;
- maintains requisite level of skills in firearms and other protective equipment and trains other SPS personnel in these skills.