The State Department is now accepting applications for the U.S. Department of State’s Summer 2012 Student Internship Program.
Click here (http://careers.state.gov/students/programs) to read more about the Student Internship Program, and to start the Gateway to State online application process. Please note that the deadline to submit completed applications is November 01, 2011.
To be eligible for this program, you must be:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a full- or part-time continuing college or university junior, or graduate student (including graduating seniors intending to go on to graduate school).
- Have good academic standing
- Successfully complete a background investigation
- Be able to receive either a Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Please read the entire vacancy announcement carefully for all qualifications and requirements.
You can also visit the Student Programs forum (http://careers.state.gov/engage/forums/student-programs) to post questions or read discussions about this program.